5 Reasons Why You Need to Meditate for Thirty-Six Seconds Every Day.
Do you feel like you never seem to have enough time in the day to get stuff done, even though you’re organized?
In the past, I used to feel like I’d always run out of time to get things done. In the morning, I’d have great intentions to ‘seize the day’ but I’d end up, not only not getting everything done that I’d set out to do, I’d have more stuff to do piling up both in my mind and in reality.
For example, I’d intend to do twelve push-ups, make a healthy breakfast of chopped green apple, cinnamon and yoghurt, washed down with a hot cup of tea. What did I get done? None of that. Why? Because other things got it the way; mental distractions; overthinking, scrolling social media etc. You know what I’m taking about?
If you don’t figure out a way to solve this frustrating problem, it’ll only escalate and get worse.
You’ll likely start procrastinating more, and become anxious and depressed; let’s be honest; it’s shit.
OK, what’s the solution?
1. Get to the shower, whatever you do. Get to the shower. Why? Because it’s where the magic starts to awaken. If you’re feeling particularly shite, it’ll immediately make you feel better.
2. Close your eyes and inhale gently through your nose. Count five seconds (one-and-two-and-three…) Now, exhale out for seven seconds. Repeat for three rounds. So, three times, in for five and out for seven.
3. Ask yourself: ‘how did that feel?’ After thinking for a moment how amazingly simple this is, you’ll realize what your real priorities are for the day.
4. Pick three things you ‘must get done’ within 24 hours. Only three.
5. The next morning, repeat steps 1 to 4. But, before you step into the shower, recall what you managed to get done the day before.
The key is awareness.
It doesn’t actually matter if you get all three ‘must-do’s’ done. What’s most important is, for those beautiful 36-seconds each day, you’re starting to build a rock-solid foundation of presence (with awareness). Why is this critical? Because each day you’ll grow deeper awareness of why you are choosing to spend the following 24 hours doing what you consciously decide to do.
With each passing day you’ll adapt to predominately being intrinsically motivated; to get everything you truly want to get done, done. The reasons why will become increasingly apparent as time goes by.
Let me know how you go by sending me a message: www.adambowcutt.com.au
Mental Wealth Author